ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL INFORMATION :
/ STORAGE SERVICES
Google Drive limitations
Google Drive is very easy to use, however the service has some limitations:
– Google Drive automatically scans your files for viruses. While this is beneficial, it may cause some discomfort to your visitors when the file exceeds 100MB. In this case, Google Drive will open a page when clicking on the download button, warning that the file cannot be scanned because it is too big. This page asks whether the visitor wishes to download the file. The downloading is therefore not done automatically and transparently.
To avoid this process, please use the Amazon AWS S3 storage service.
– If you provide a large file for downloading, for example a several GB size file, and if a large number of people (50 for example) show up suddenly to download the file the same day, Google Drive may prevent your visitors to download this file for 24 hours. Google Drive may indeed suspect a malicious activity. Google Drive does not officially set these limitations, this comes from experience …
If you are broadcasting heavy files or are very busy, you can use the Amazon AWS S3 storage service which is limitless.
– AWS S3 and Google Drive can stores files up to 5 TB.
– AWS S3 has no operating limitations (number of files, number of downloadings)
THIRD PARTY STORAGE SERVICES RATES :
–Google Drive (free up to 15 GB, 1.99 / month for 100 GB)
– AWS S3 (free the first year up to 5 GB, then the standard class is around € 0.024 / GB / month)
Multilingual operating is optional because it requires more power on the servers. With the multilingual option, it is possible to translate your content into the desired languages. To do this, you need to duplicate your content and translate it into each desired language. For more information on the required configuration, consult tutorial n°5 Langues.
However, please note that it is not possible to translate the automatic functions of the download center such as the “DATABASE”, the registration form in your download center, the footer or the “Download” labels, “file size” and “file type”.
To see this concretely, you can go to the multilingual DEMO.
TUTORIEL N°1 : PRÉSENTATION GÉNÉRALE & SÉCURITÉ
TUTORIEL N°2 : DOWNLOADS / Google Drive
TUTORIEL N°3 : DOWNLOADS / AWS S3
TUTORIEL N°4 : MEMBERSHIPS
TUTORIEL N°5 : LANGUES
Si vous n’arrivez pas à résoudre votre problème, contactez-nous, nous vous aiderons avec plaisir !