THE DOWNLOAD CENTER IS A DIGITAL PLATFORM TO DYNAMIZE THE ARTISTIC ECOSYSTEM THROUGH THE EXCHANGE OF A DOWNLOADABLE AND MATERIALIZABLE WORK FORMAT.
The Download Center provides a professional tool that bases its efficiency and its future actions on 4 pillars:
– the first one is artistic : it aims to promote the development of the artistic “downloadable” form, by exploring a working format which benefits from the digital capacities (multiplicity, ubiquity, exchange, networks etc.). Works can even so be materialised.
– the second one is the production of works : it promotes the creation of works. In this aim, the selected strategic development axis is to provide the artists with favourable conditions to create and especially to publish their work. To materialise this idea the DC workshop offers a service to provide materialization of works that require it (2D or 3D printing, for example).
– the third one is social : it facilitates the creation of a link between audiences and artists by completing the classic circuit. It provides a permanent, direct and autonomous exchange interface. Through its networked collective action, the DC ecosystem aims to create a strong structure instead of a multitude of scattered and isolated sites. With the DC social network, there is also the possibility of a network between professionals.
– the fourth one is economic : The Download Center aims to create a market to facilitate the artistic creation and to provide it with additional dynamism via the art forms that will be shared on its structure. This ambition remains still to be realised. For artists, this source of income would be without intermediaries and recurrent thanks to the subscription system. The subscription constitutes a formula which matches with the long and continuous temporality of the creation process.
1/ AN ARTIST / AN INSTITUTION / A COLLECTION, OPENS A DOWNLOAD CENTER.
2/ A PUBLIC SUBSCRIBES TO A DOWNLOAD CENTER (FREE OR PAYABLE SUBSCRIPTION).
3/ THE PUBLIC CAN DOWNLOAD WORKS/FILES; ON REQUIREMENT AN ASSISTANCE IS PROVIDED TO MATERIALIZE THE WORKS.
The artist keeps direct access to his subscribers, he receives the subscriptions earnings directly and without commission.
The artist has complete control over the content of his download center.
By integrating third party storage and payment systems, payments and files / works do not circulate; they are not stored on our servers. You have full control and are unambiguous.
OPEN A DOWNLOAD CENTER :
VISIT THE DEMO: https://demo.thedownload.center
– account: individual
– unambiguous autonomy and independence : the download center integrates with external Google Drive and AWS S3 storage systems as well as external Paypal and Stripe payment systems.
You keep complete control over your files / works as well as over your payments.
No files or payments passes through the Download Center servers.
– creation of a files database; making these files available for downloading.
– No limitations for file storage, for file size to download or for the number of downloadings by the Download Center.
– For demanding needs: AWS S3 allows file downloading up to 5TB, with no download limitations.
– Custom URL: https://yourname.thedownload.center
– access management to downloading by registration / subscription.
– downloading restriction by access levels or by time limitation.
– export of contacts and integration of communication tools (Mailchimp).
– powerful distribution of the download center whatever the continent with 34 data centers spread around the world
– secure access: a unique connection address, two-factor authentication
– access to the support
– monolingual operations; OPTIONAL multilingual operations, see additional technical information for more details.
> additional technical information
– access to the DC social network, the internal social network of the Download Center.
Your files / works are stored by third-party systems: Google Drive and AWS S3. The Download Center is neither responsible for these services, nor for their billing. However, these are high quality services (secure and powerful). Google Drive is free up to 15 GB, AWS S3 is free of charge (5 GB / month) for 1 year, and then charges for around € 0.024 / GB per month.
These accounts are intended for individuals who offer original content.
– the registration in the Download Center is free. The multilingual option is paid annually.
– your files / works are never stored on our servers. Payments are made via Paypal or Stripe payment platforms, the Download Center does not store any bank card data.
– when you cancel the registration of a download center, it is completely deleted (note that this cannot be reversed).
CREATE A DOWNLOAD CENTER !
You can make a donation.
The money collected will be used to pay for the costs of running the network, so that it remains powerful, reliable and secure.
A download center allows you to initiate an exchange with your audience in another artistic format and to take place in the DC ecosystem. You can make digital works / files available to your audience in connection with a program or a collection. The downloading of works and their materialization move the boundaries of your exhibitions / collections.
The DC Workshop can assist you in the creation of works / exhibitions.
A configuration of virtual exhibition units, with DC Units, is possible.
We invite you to contact us to define your needs and create your download center.